Monday, February 13, 2006

valentine's day lesson for seniors in japan "survival romance 101!


Male Female

Interested Interested
polite rejection
cruelty

Hello. How are you? Good evening. Hello. Hi.
Did you say something? Get lost loser!

What’s your sign? My sign is .
I don’t believe in astrology.
That’s really lame!

What’s your name? My name is . I forgot. (make one up)

Come here often? Yes, sometimes I come here.
No, this is my first time.
This dump? Never!
Do I know you?
You look like
someone I know. Maybe. Oh really? Stop it!
I don’t think so.I get that a lot.Stop it!
That’s hard to believe! Stop it!

Would you like a drink?
What are you having? Yes, I’ll have a please.
No thank you.
You mean with you?

Can I get your number?
Do you want to go out?
Sure, Yeah, okay.
Sorry, my phone is out of order.
Give wrong #.
I didn't know they made phones for monkeys!
Can I see you again? We’ll see each other again someday.

Are you seeing someone?
No, I’m not!
Yes I am. I have a boyfriend/husband.
Yes, of course! Not you!

What’s a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?
Hoping to meet a tall, handsome stranger!
Actually I am waiting for someone.
Are you still here? Leave me alone please!


Serious/ Courtship

I like you. Gosh, we’re good together.
I like you too. Yes, I feel we’re meant to be!
Sorry, I see you only as a friend.You think?
That’s nice.That’s really funny!I wouldn’t say that!

Can I kiss you?
Why are you asking?
Do you have a breath mint?
Let’s don’t. No way dude!

Will you marry me?
Yessss! I need to think about it. No way dude!

Break up/Trouble in Paradise-(what to say when things go wrong!)

I don’t think it’s working out.I think we should break up.
What did I do wrong? Aw man! You suck. No way dude!

I’m not happy anymore.
Happiness is overrated!
What’s that got to do with it?
We can still be friends.
You mean without the benefits?

It’s not you, it’s me.
You’re just saying that.

I think we should see other people.
I think we need space, you need to go to another planet.
I met someone. I’ll always love you.
Don’t quote cheesy lyrics to me!
I’ll see you around! Don’t leave me!

Send off (what to say when things go really bad!)
I never want to see you again! Fine by me.
You’re horrible. You’re the worst thing that has ever happened to me!
Get out of my house! If I never see you again, it won’t be too soon!
Good riddance! Don’t come back! I wouldn’t want to! You’re no good!
Burn in Hell! I should have listened to Mother! I hate you!

2 Comments:

Blogger -c said...

I only wonder into what category this falls:
"We've dined twice together and sung karaoke once. Are you ready to let me kiss you like a 13-yr-old now, will you pass, or should we wait?"

yup, pick-up lines world-wide are top-quality.

I salute you for teaching responses!

2:23 AM  
Blogger senor puppet said...

yeah, lotsa scratching heads, it was pretty funny!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home